REI has moved from Rockville to North Bethesda and the Grand Opening is from April 28 – April 30!
While store doors open at 10 a.m. Friday and Saturday, and 11a.m. Sunday, the tailgating starts at 8:00 a.m. There are food, games, classes, and giveaways. The vendors are phenomenal. I went on Friday and had a blast.
My favorite vendor was the Eagle Nest Outfitters who featured their deluxe hammock. I “test rode” the single nest hammock and had a “Zen moment.” I did not want to leave so I interviewed their representative, so I could lay in it just a tad longer. Here is what I learned:
- The single nest hammock is lightweight (only 16 oz.) and portable.
- It can accommodate up to 400 pounds.
- There is a bag attached to hammock for easy storage.
- The hammock can be attached to a tree or a car. There are also a variety of hammock stands.
Other featured vendors:
SMARTWool T-Shirts amazingly lightweight.
The adventure continues when you walk through the doors of REI Coop:
- Apply for an REI Co-op Mastercard 4/28/17–4/30/17 and earn a $20 REI gift card on the spot! Then earn a $100 REI gift card after approval, activation and purchase within 60 days. For complete details, visit the Welcome Center table during the grand opening.
Make the trek to REI Co-op and you too can be a happy camper.