Your choice of date and time for wedding related events can make a huge difference in your budget. Here are some cost saving tips:
- Consider having your wedding during the week.
- Have a morning wedding. The brunch menus are more budget friendly. A buffet lunch is less expensive to provide than a sit-down dinner—and appetizers and champagne in the afternoon cost even less.
- Prices are lower during the months of January through March, and can add up to $40 to $50 less per guest. Renting a venue in January can save you around 25%. June and December are the most popular months for weddings, so vendors may be more willing to negotiate if you are talking to them at other times of the year.
- Choose colors and dates near or during holidays. You can use the flowers and decorations already in place at the venues. Great examples – Valentine’s Day, New Years, Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, Independence Day, Harvest Festivals (Halloween), Thanksgiving, Easter etc…
- Also ask your venue if there are other weddings or parties that will be taking place. It might be possible to share the cost of decorations, flowers, and equipment.
- Have one day bachelorette parties. Ask friends/family if they have time shares you can borrow for the event.
- Have an afternoon tea or barbeque instead of a rehearsal dinner.
Look for an upcoming article on venues.